On 1st April 2018, Department of Chemistry implemented a column structure for the technical staff. During the past 4 years, the column structure has proved to be a great success, with a clear division of tasks, clear communication procedures, and increased collegiality.
The column structure has contributed to:
- Competence enhancement in technical support
- Operation of advanced research infrastructure is carried out at a high level
- A clear and well-defined support organization – both technical and administrative, including a description of responsibilities and tasks
- A team-based dynamic organization that is less fragile and can adapt to changed conditions
- Distinct division of responsibilities in relation to performing and coordinating teaching, including TØ and LØ
Organisational column structure (Figure 1) and Staff affiliation and supervisors (Figure 2)